Roextended Bugs - report here

Home of Roextended Map
BenganJ

Re: Roextended Bugs - report here

Post by BenganJ » June 22nd, 2021, 1:01 am

@tantalus

Thank you! :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
tantalus

Post by tantalus » June 22nd, 2021, 1:09 am

Hitman wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 12:11 am

P.S.: I forgot to say, maybe I'm wrong, but, looks like Roex map doesn't like ai traffic packs by Jazzycat and Traffic_maniac, it likes only vanilla traffic by SCS.
Hm, what makes you think that? im using jazzycat AI packs all the time in roex. The AI classic pack, the motorcycles pack and the truck pack.

Keep in mind, in specific mods, the author (dont know if its the case of roex) may have tweaked the traffic rules and/or added map-specific traffic rules that will also aply no
matter what traffic mods are you using. If in roex there is a rule to show certain vehicles, those are going to have priority over ANY traffic mod you using.

BUT, since jazzycat only ADDS to traffic, it doesnt have traffic rules, it should not be a problem at all. I know i dont have any in my end.
I dont use any traffic rules pack like the one from cipinho or brutal traffic or idioticies like that. Those only make things a million times worst.
But modders seem completely braindead when it comes to realize this.
If i want more traffic density i just create a mini mod myself using more traffic density. Period. As simple as a rock.

Also, as Arayas said, the game engine by its own just CANT handle too many mods, it starts losing "grip" and performance all over the place. Its not about pc performance, its about the engine, that is obsolete.

To optimize the engine at least to a some degree you need to include certain launch options in the game and modify the config file as well.

But this is something BASIC when you start using mods in this game and its too extensive and offtopic to explain all of this in this thread.

About the performance of ROEX, at night for some reason it struggles (i still cant figure out why because it doesnt make any sense unless roex has outdated assets and i dont think its the case), but in day hours it runs pretty smoothly,
no matter how many traffic mods you use.

And as with everything, you need common sense. Dont use outdated or unpolished mods, check the console to see if something big is going on (like a mod showing up tons of errors because the modder is terrible)
and keep a clean log from errors as much as you can, download mods ONLY from trusted sites, if you are a clean mod user, you can use as many mods as you wish without performance drop (to a point).

In my end, right now im using 104 mods. Between big map combos, trucks, trailers, traffic, truck accessories, sounds, etc, etc, you name it. And the game runs at 60fps without hiccups all the time in most of the maps.
Last edited by tantalus on June 23rd, 2021, 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 22nd, 2021, 1:13 am

I have a video about night and day performance under 1.40. Sience the test is maded on same streets with traffic zero and still have 20-30 FPS drop just for the "NEW" light system of SCS....its pretty clear no map has anything to do with night and day situation.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
tantalus

Post by tantalus » June 22nd, 2021, 1:19 am

Yes Arayas, but here is the big question. WHY it only happens in roex?

Because again, i dont have any problems in the rest of the world... only in roex zone.
I can drive through the most complicated parts of promods, and have zero performance issues.
Hell, i dont even have problems on Southern Region. And only a couple of them in rusmap...
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 22nd, 2021, 1:37 am

see the pictures from this post
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=512&start=740#p43552

and look around you in "complicated" parts

thats why.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Hitman
PPM

Post by Hitman » June 22nd, 2021, 1:48 pm

Friends, hello again!
Now I'm ready to post my game log and load order.

@Arayas, @tantalus,
I've read info you've provided and I suggest my pc is too weak to handle it. As I can understand the authors used extra high-res textures for the map, especially in Turkey and especially on mountainous terrain. The same problem (huge FPS drop and slideshow) I've been always experiencing in ATS while driving in Mexico on mountainous terrain.

What about custom traffic packs. I always use Traffic density and ratio pack by Cipinho and traffic packs by Jazzycat and Traffic_maniac and I had never faced problems with these mods on other maps (vanilla or mod maps) except Turkey (former YKSRSK, now Project Turkey). I guess there is a conflict between Turkey map and traffic mods (traffic packs and ratio mods) as Turkey map uses it's own traffic rules. Also I've noticed that I've never experienced problems with custom traffic on the territories of Roex Romania and Ukraine.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 22nd, 2021, 2:16 pm

Turkey map doesnt use any traffic rule. The rules are already maded by the SCS for Turkey, nothing is edited in the map. They did it for us.

OMG, traffic cheat and density ratio? is that still a thing? That is gonna bury your FPS.
technical details here
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=694&p=8477#p8477

Maniac and jazzy...yes, no problem.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Hitman
PPM

Post by Hitman » June 22nd, 2021, 2:35 pm

@Arayas
Thanks for the info about density and ratio mod, I'll try driving without it and compare my experience.
Hitman
PPM

Post by Hitman » June 22nd, 2021, 4:43 pm

I've switched off traffic density and ratio mod. It gave the result - the game stopped CTD (crash to desktop) in Turkey.
But, nevertheless, I still face with a huge FPS drop and slideshow in Turkey. For example, I tried to perform the delivery from Isparta to Antalya and on mountainous terrain near Antalya I got a slideshow, you can see the place into the red circle on the screenshot.
ItzHonzula
VIP

Post by ItzHonzula » June 22nd, 2021, 5:00 pm

could be due to optimization... try opening mini console by typing 'g_minicon 1' in console and look at TC count because higher TC = less FPS. especially while the value is above 2.5M TC. prove me wrong
EuRoadNet and Projekt Česko developer.

silly nonbinary existence :3