Roextended 4.1 [1.49 only]

Home of Roextended Map
psychoszoku
PPM

Re: ROEXTENDED 2.7 [1.38]

Post by psychoszoku » August 12th, 2020, 10:14 am

So, does Promods have connections with SCS?
Stefan E.

Post by Stefan E. » August 12th, 2020, 10:16 am

Most likely. Imagine what it would be like if a SCS employee also works for ProMods.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » August 12th, 2020, 11:58 am

psychoszoku wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 10:14 am
So, does Promods have connections with SCS?
Stefan E. wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 10:16 am
Most likely. Imagine what it would be like if a SCS employee also works for ProMods.
Mendelsoft was recruited by SCS and worked there for a period. Exactly the period Promods knew where the Black Sea DLC was going and how long they need to build in Promods to connect to it in the future. :laugh2:
Then, Mendelsoft got back at Promods, like he was ever out of it :sarcastic_hand: , and is hard to believe he doesnt have there a friend telling him little unimportant stuff about future developement.
I mean, i can pick up my phone and get updated with inside news from every workplace i have been in the last 5 years, atleast. It's about human relationships and also a safety net for SCS employees who can join Promods if their adventure with SCS doesnt last.
And seeing some SCS mappers planting trees inside a SCS garage prefab, i can assume some of them wont last there very much.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
sbym5333
PPM

Post by sbym5333 » August 12th, 2020, 1:12 pm

Arayas wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 1:20 am
I will place a disclaimer to the people. Any third party alteration to Roextended to fit Promods is NOT accepted and the file will be removed fast.
@Arayas

I am on your side, whatever your decision is, because your work is simply awesome. :good2: :good2: :good:
One of Korean Translators for TerraMaps
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » August 12th, 2020, 2:04 pm

Thank you. :good:
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
bricksathome

Post by bricksathome » August 12th, 2020, 3:02 pm

If I could just clear some things up and hopefully calm the waters here a bit.
after staying in sleeping state with Romania, Ukraine and Moldova for years, NOW they have realised those countries exists, just because a dude (not 60 like them) found that area worthing a try.

Firstly, yes, ProMods 2.50 will add cities in Ukraine which means that PM and ROEX will both have the same areas. Personally, I don't see why that has caused such an issue. Sure, it's taken a few years, but building Ukraine was always planned by someone in the ProMods team. There have been parts of Ukraine in the ProMods WIP map for years, well before ROEX covered the area.

For some reason it seems that some people here think we expect all the other maps to remain compatible with us and for no map to overwrite our areas, when that is absolutely not the case. Your map = your rules, there's nothing saying, nor has ever been said that you should remove parts of your map simply because 'ProMods does it now'. If people want to play with ROEX then they get the ROEX version of Ukraine, if they just want ProMods then they get ProMods Ukraine. Nobody from ProMods is going to complain that a map is overwriting our work.
So with that said I don't see why this is is a big deal.
Third, expanding in this areas and Turkey it says pretty well who they really want out from mapping community, and despite their "meah" comments, the dude became a problem for them.
I'm going to assume this is about Georgia. Again, Georgia is (to the best of my knowledge) already covered by project Turkey, and again - just overwrite ProMods Georgia with PT. When expanding our background map to cover Georgia we based it off Bengan's projection to avoid a repeat of the ME fiasco when 2.45 released, because of this there should be no issues when overwriting PM Georgia with PT Georgia. If there is an issue then Wombat, who has 2.50 early and direct communication with us can hopefully tell us early so we can try and fix it before release.

I think I should go into some details about how ProMods developers work. At ProMods, each developer gets complete freedom as to where they want to work, with the one limitation of 'no disputed areas'. If a developer wants to expand Norway, they can expand Norway, want to rebuild somewhere in the UK? rebuild that area of the UK. Want to build some cities in Ukraine? Build some cities in Ukraine. Everything that we add to the map comes from one developer wanting to build that area, and I can say for certain that there's no purposeful "let's overwrite all the other map mods" mentality. That's why Georgia was made, one dev wanted to make it. Sure, it's an odd place to go to, but if it's already built and in a state that the developer wants released, then why should we say no? Similarly, the argument of "'why don't you just work somewhere else" is for the same reason, either no dev is currently interested in building that area, or the are is under construction but not ready for release.
even with Promods members despite the fact they treat Roextended in their forum with just one line: "remove that map" when it comes to support their users.
We ask users to remove all their mods if they are experiencing an issue with ProMods. if there's an issue with ProMods we need to make sure it's actually being cause by ProMods and not some other mod, if they still have the issue with just ProMods enabled then we know it's something we have to fix.
bragging how always they knew better and others are just plain stupid, making "meah" maps
This is a point where I can understand your thinking - There have been times when certain individuals have critiqued other maps in the public eye. Personally, if it were me I'd keep those feelings to myself or in private rather than say them in public, but please consider that these are the opinions of individuals and not the ProMods team.
They are gonna invade all maps taking advantage of the fanboys support.
Never has been the plan and never will be, it's up to where developers want to work. For people that just play with ProMods only (which is quite a few people) it's more content. It makes no difference for people running those other maps because they should just overwrite PM areas.
Remember their rush to fill the area around Black Sea DLC?
Again, complete coincidence, a developer wanted to work there, so he did. Consider the Iberia DLC - we were still working there until it was announced, the cities that were finished in time for 2.50 have been added, other cities (like Madrid) will remain half-finished because SCS will be including it soon.
And i am happy to see users starting to notice 50 people attacking one guy's work.
Again, it's not an attack, when development in Ukraine started, ROEX didn't exist (afaik). Development in Ukraine then stopped for a while until a new dev decided to restart the project.
Nope, never. They will go over anybody. The motivation is simple [lots of money]
This is just simply incorrect - of the 1 euro for the paid download, we get less then 30 cents, the rest goes to the server hosters (Amazon). The free download makes a loss, so most of the remaining money from the paid download gets re-invested in supporting the free download. No-one involved with ProMods gets paid, has ever been paid, or will ever get paid.
Then, Mendelsoft got back at Promods, like he was ever out of it
That's because he never was out of it, he remained a PM Admin while he was working at SCS.

Anyway, hopefully that's cleared some thing up - or at least started to clear some tings up

Thanks.
psychoszoku
PPM

Post by psychoszoku » August 12th, 2020, 3:16 pm

Thanks for contributing to the discussion from the other side.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » August 12th, 2020, 3:28 pm

@bricksathome

I'll start by saying, that what we mainly have been complaining about here,
is the Promods team leadership, it's attitude and philosophy of hiding earlier
mapping mistakes instead of, at least trying to rectify them. We have had very
positive contacts with individual members of the Promods team and my opinion
is, that the team has done a damn great job with the map. So, for me, it's all
about bad leadership and a bit overloaded fanbase being aggressive, which the
team can't do anything about, but maybe the leadership if acting differently!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » August 12th, 2020, 4:10 pm

@bricksathome
A decent response and i never said i'm the keeper of absolute truth. May be true.
The dispute started here because seams like Promods dev's are having an urgent desire to build where my work is. Nobody in Promods likes Greece? North area? Former Yugoslavia-Albania and so on? That's bad.
Russia? Belarus? Or you gonna tell me you respect RusMap territory, in my opinion a decent choice. But then, it's ok with one map, the rest are open game?

Uzghorod and Muchacevo were there for years, yes. Never updated, never developed. I took into consideration not to touch that area, just because of this kind of disscutions, but then i've realized i need to make something for vanilla players, i cannot leave a gap there. So...
Not to make Ukraine in full because Promods claim that area with a half a sector build and 2 cities...not quite more than a tiny placeholder. Is not like i am starting to build Island claiming Promods has nothing there.
You will go in Syria? Because i have 2 cities there. Azerdbaidjan, Turkey, Georgia? Because i have alot there. Bad quality as it was built few years ago but not for long. Should i expect the same argument?

About money...also you may be right and this is not a negative subject for me : good work should be rewarded.

About coincidences...i dont believe in them. Having someone in SCS headquarters, knowing exactly where the next DLC will be placed and let your team to do useless work, overwriten 2 months later? Sorry, i dont buy that.
I mean, is like Affluence is telling me: "i'm gonna do Madrid!" and me, knowing about Iberia DLC months earlier as a SCS employee i will just say: "Sure, go ahead!" ? Well....

Yes, some persons from Promods antourage are bashing and trashing some maps, including mine, and i will bet none of them ever opened Roextended to take a ride on it or they have the image of first versions in their mind.
On the other hand i have talked with just 2 Promods developers, Mendelsoft and Voytek, both decent people with decent POV's in direct communication.
I ignore posts in Discord because is known as a platform for "free speech" when people are not around to defend themselfs.
We do this here in public and, like you do now, anyone is welcomed to present another perspective. I'm more than fine with that.

Users are already informed, i am gonna keep my area in Roextended doing road connections with care about the rest of the Promods conflicting areas. They can choose.
Georgia is built to make a connection with Southern Region towards ME add-on, like a road in Turkey also, but this is just my ideea of seeing things.
I dont think Promods developement is just random and by simple wish of a mapper, we do what we want wherever we want, a plan exist in a big team and that is normal.

When it comes to community Promods is making a mistake by considering people are using just their map and this is not the case at all. Users are very careful with the developement of other projects and they often use it along with Promods. This is how this disscution started.
They would like to use Promods but also Roextended, in this case they are mad because they have to choose the same area in 2 maps. Ask them. They rather like to have virgin areas developed than a silent battle between a big and a small team on the exact space.
As a Promods team member the answer: "remove that map is not compatible with ours" is not a good answer for a user because you put him in a place to choose 2 things that he likes. An often this option create a bad reaction as you see in this forum.
But, your map - your rules. It was a sugestion you may ignore.

Thank you for posting.

PS: Bengan is still mad about background issues, but this is another subject.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » August 13th, 2020, 1:14 am

ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro