Roextended 4.3 [1.51 only]

Home of Roextended Map
PerrydPelle

Re: ROEXTENDED 2.1 Premium [1.34.xx] - 08.03.2019

Post by PerrydPelle » March 16th, 2019, 12:48 am

Arayas wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 11:57 pm
I'm gonna make a video this days about this matter. Short story, if you edit a material used by other maps you are gonna broke that material for everybody and it's gonna look good just on your map.
This is what Promods did with universal FLD pack.

"And Promods team can not or want not help to find a solution for this?"
No, their response is "dont play that map with Promods, it's not compatible."

For the LADA fix i maded in 5 minutes for Southern Region they advised their users to unninstall Roex, YKS and other maps to fix it. Of course the bug was in SR, but who cares?
I don't understand that the PM team always points the finger at you :cry:
Road to Asia community manager and Discord server admin

World of Wombat Discord server admin

MaghrebMap beta tester and Discord server moderator
MG Mike
PPM

Post by MG Mike » March 16th, 2019, 12:50 am

Ah you mean they take the easy way and just say don't play the map cause.. Incompatible and so on...

But in reality it can be solved by a fix from you, but this don't interest them..

That sounds a little bit like the situation I had when I was new to promods and tried to use also ROS map.. As I had problems they always told me to deactivate ROS map cause it is not compatible. But it is playable indeed, if you have the right fixes.

You just have to tolerate that a few cities in Russia will be twice there and the other scale of it.

But that wants nobody hear in PM Forum.at least not team members. One said directly he would refuse to help if he see the name ROS in my Gamelog...

Well that is a little bit disappointing indeed..
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 16th, 2019, 1:39 am

MG Mike wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 12:50 am
Well that is a little bit disappointing indeed..
A little bit, it's a BIG insolence, I would say, and this happens not to a few persons,
it's more like a rule they have in that team! Sorry again, pissed off again!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 16th, 2019, 3:47 am

They tell anybody that Roex is NOT compatible with Promods. I don't have to bring arguments to this discution, everybody played the map with Promods.
This is the reason i dont have a topic on Promods forum even i have an account there for 4-5 years for now. I was even banned there because i criticized their older part of the map (like Romania) on SCS forum. Yes, banned in one place for a dialog in other place. I like the map in some parts but the way of dismissing all other maps and the arogance in comunication with other people is a departament they need improvment. Forget about Promods, their map, their bussiness...To bad other alternative it's not on the market so we are in the situation to deal with this. TSM team is busy with twitch and a german language forum instead of fixing bugs and removing some parts that are butt ugly.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 16th, 2019, 3:49 am

Pretty much so, I agree!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Qrusher14242
PPM

Post by Qrusher14242 » March 16th, 2019, 7:03 am

i just tested out putting the 2,3 and 4 files from ROEX below Promods and it seems to have fixed the missing texture in Koblenz (Germany). Ill let u know if it messed anything else up.
Old Mcginty

Post by Old Mcginty » March 16th, 2019, 7:35 am

I tried the same thing because of an issue in London Roundabout Qrusher. I then drove to Romania and found gas stations were broken there so I put it back with RoEx 2.1 files above Promods. So far I'm happier dealing with the odd promods bug than having to drive through Romania with broken gas stations. I guess it's one or the other. As Arayas and BenganJ have said they have an attitude that they are infallible. No one is perfect.

BTW back to 2.1. Wow Arayas! I was just driving through Ukraine and saw a bright light in the sky at night, rocket or afterburner on a jet? Cool! Good job, that was awesome! I love the massive cow feed lot too! The little surprises I find in your maps are awesome!
Qrusher14242
PPM

Post by Qrusher14242 » March 16th, 2019, 8:20 am

ok yeah i'll put those files back above Promods then. Thx for the info
MG Mike
PPM

: ROEXTENDED 2.1 Premium [1.34.xx] - 08.03.2019

Post by MG Mike » March 16th, 2019, 8:23 am

Yes this is the other side of the medal. The major map makers like Promods or TSM or MAH too can set the rules for all other smaller map maker. If Pu don't play by their rules your map will stated as incompatible untill hell will be frozen..

As you started you were only one guy who made a map that overwrites their already existing Romania. With way too many cities cause they will affect the job market negatively. So that was probably no good start of you for their taste.

But I for myself can not confirm a unbalanced maarcet. I get tours to Scandinavia or French or other places as well.

During the last year your map grow up to Bulgaria and Ukraine, you changed turkey to the right scale..

I mean fromy sight you are meanwhile a nameable part of the whole Europe map. The Roex map should not been ignored or overseen. You aren't only a guy with some bad map that no one reay need, cause there is a promods version of it...

The only crictism I have is that your cities look very similar in the way how the streets are made, everywhere the same barriers direktly between street and sidewalk, and the houses look often similar..

But I I have never been in Romania, maybe that is how the cities look there.. So I never mind.
The rest how the streets and the landscape are made, I like it..
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 16th, 2019, 11:05 am

Thank you for feedback.
I am aware of the need to more diversifyed cities and rehash of romanian cities and my plan was to update many as possible during the future developement. But, with next DLC that includes Romania, this will be a lost work.
I intend to remake from zero the romanian parts as an add-on for Romania DLC when is released because i know it's not gonna have many cities by SCS rules.
And, as a history detail, the comunists called this "systematization", all cities were demolished to make room for standard streets with standard apartament buildings.

Despite the number of cities, the number of the companies is low and the job market has no problem.
I am gonna see about my map ignoring Promods desires and compatibility. I will still make that video about FLD prefabs to make people to stop blaming my map for other people intentional mistakes.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro