[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
Robinicus

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by Robinicus » July 1st, 2021, 7:22 pm

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone has found a fix for the main mirrors using ATS 1.41 yet? In previous versions the mirror AA worked using the settings here and the F2 mirror is still working properly; I am finding a fair bit of aliasing on the door mirrors however, and was just curious if anyone found a workaround yet.

Thanks,

Rob
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » July 1st, 2021, 7:42 pm

@Robinicus

Welcome, even if you've been here before! :laugh3: This is the first time I hear about problems with
the mirrors, but as I'm not presently running the game, I will pass this on to JHTrucker, who also run
ATS mostly!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » July 1st, 2021, 8:06 pm

@BenganJ - For the record... I play (drive) ETS2 mostly but do my development work with ATS, so you see those pics, i guess, mostly.
As of 1.40, ATS is now horrible to drive around for me and my old hardware... can't disable HDR. Stopped buying DLC after Washington 1.35.
Same settings in ETS2 still work ok for now. Stopped buying DLC after Baltics 1.35.

@Robinicus @BenganJ
I don't try betas as it's a waste of my mobile data and so i have know idea how 1.41 performs.
Mirrors are just a simpler deferred rendered image and as long as they are scaled 100% should still work. But as SCS keep tweaking their engine then perhaps mirrors are starting to change over to allow shadows? but kill our AA?

I'll have a better look once i get 1.41.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
Robinicus

Post by Robinicus » July 1st, 2021, 8:07 pm

Thanks Ben; yeah, have been here for a long time but the system lost my login so just created a new one :)

Thanks JHT - everything else is working as normal with 1.41 except for the main mirrors; they aren't awful or anything, they just start aliasing at maybe the 3/4 portion of the view distance (have mine set to 400 distance) - will be doing some playing around with distance and report back if I find anything, just thought I would see if anyone else beat me to it. With you on betas, I don't edit any of my mods until they are in the final stretch....learned that lesson the hard way :)

In general, there are some nice improvements in 1.41 over 40; the contrast is more subtle and the paint being sunwashed has really been dialed down, I had been back on 1.39 almost since 1.40 release as I just couldn't take those two things.
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » July 1st, 2021, 8:32 pm

@Robinicus - I guess it's just like the main view, far distance really needs 8xAA to fix those small pixels but 4xAA is all we get. So you see the same sort of "lack of AA" at far distance in the mirror.
Have you tried lowering mirror FOV to increase the image size to see if that helps or physics mirrors?

EDIT: As another test, assuming mirrors look ok in ETS2:
You could remove the ATS exe from NPI profile and add it to ETS2 profile. Then both games will use the same game profile, in case there's a slight difference 'internally' between them.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
Robinicus

Post by Robinicus » July 1st, 2021, 9:12 pm

Thanks, I rarely use ETS now unless there is some kind of event on that requires using both titles or if something new is added.

I did try the changing the FOV etc but don't like the look of it and it didn't seem to make much of a difference; or not enough improvement I should say that the decreased visibility was a worthwhile trade-off for me :)

I will do more testing, may try just make a mod to use the F2 mirror on the door mirrors as the F2 view is still crystal clear.
Robinicus

Post by Robinicus » July 2nd, 2021, 4:06 pm

Just an update on this; as part of testing/trying to find a solution, I ended up reverting the game config settings back to where they were and the issue is almost completely resolved. Just a heads-up for anyone who runs into this issue on 1.41 - before making any in-depth changes, switch your mirror resolution from medium to high, save, exit game, correct back to medium in the game config and the issue goes away.

Just another odd update glitch with SCS I guess :)
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » July 2nd, 2021, 4:07 pm

@Robinicus

Yeah, we're getting pretty used to them by now! :laugh3:
Thanks for the report!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DedaToro
PPM

Post by DedaToro » July 2nd, 2021, 5:02 pm

Hi @BenganJ @JHTrucker and everyone,

I just to update my problems that now I have been solved.
Now, I can handle really really stable fps @ 30.
Rarely drop. Just when it's need more details, maybe.

I thought, what's the main problems is my interior mod.
And maybe ownable trailer mod. But, it's not tested yet.

I have test 3 delivery with every delivery around 500km.
My latest settings is really really stable.

In the end, I want to say thank you very very much to @BenganJ and @JHTrucker.
Without both of you, superman, this my settings maybe will never happen.

# Sorry for my bad English #
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » July 2nd, 2021, 6:33 pm

@DedaToro

Good to hear a report that it's working for you. BUT, mods problems has nothing to do
with this NPI scheme, so you will have to ask that type of questions in other topics of
the forum. Owned trailer problems are a known one that for some people generates
stuttering. You can e.g. read about it in this topic: viewtopic.php?p=40587#p40587